Friday, August 12, 2011

Elder Charles Kenyanjui's Trip to Dar and Mbeya, Tanzania



Dear Brethren,

I thank God for your faithfulness to the cause of Christ, I give thanks always for you, your families and the churches.

I departed from Kisii on Wednesday night 20th July 2011. After a long ride I reached Dar on Friday 22th July 2011 at 1:00AM at Ubungu bus terminal, and I met Elder Anthony waiting for me. Then he took me on his motor bike to the church.

On Saturday 23th July morning hours I visited with Elders, Anthony, Moses and his wife to be in the upper room in the church, and we rejoiced together in the Lord. In the evening I meet with the Lord's people for a worship service, and I preached to them. They were so happy to receive me back. I really show the love of God for we rejoiced in the Lord together.

On Sunday 24th July we had two brethren who wanted to join the church by means of baptism so I baptized them before worship service starts. Among those I baptized one was Lonica Magadilo who will join Elder Moses has his wife as from on Sunday 14th August 2011.

After the baptism service we joined the Lord's people for the worshiping service. The turn out was good, and it was a blessing for me to preach. I preached from Matthew 7:13 -14. There is indeed a strait gate and a narrow way that few people find, but it is not leading to heaven, but rather to life or temporal blessings. It is the path of truth and true vital godliness here in this present world. It is the path in which alone is found the enjoyment of a life [true living] that can be obtained in no other way. It is the path of truth in doctrine, practice and experience. It is the path of those who worship God in spirit and in truth. The Scriptures plainly tells us that Christ redeemed His people to God by His blood out of every kindred, tongue, people and nation {Rev 5:9} Also, they reveal to us that this elect family constitutes a great multitude that no man can number, of all nations,{Rev.7:9]

After worshiping service was over I called Elder Moses to come forward and his wife to be, I announced their marriage before the church and they were happily received by the church; this was the first announcement which was made. I gave Moses a chance to put on the engagement ring to his bride. It was a blessing to me and to the church. On 25th July we had a meeting with the Elders present namely Moses, Thaddus, Anthony and myself on how to edify the church in Dar and how to nature the fellowship which God has opened in Mbeya.

On 26 July Tuesday Elder Moses and I we departed to Mbeya. We took the bus at 6:00 am. It was along ride and we arrived safely through God's Grace, Love and Mercy, at around 7:30 p.m. On 27th Wednesday we went to see the hired house which serves as a church, it was a nice house and on a good side and behind it was a pit latrine for the Lord's people.

On 28 Thursday July we went to visit with the parents of the late Obey in Mbalizi here we took two buses. Bro. Moses had informed them that we were to visit them. When we reached their home they were waiting for us. We sheared good moment with them. There we met with the father of Obey, the mother and a sister to Obey and the twins of the late Obey, named Gift and Given. They came home for their August holy days. We had good moments with them, and the twins were so happy to share with us. After a short discussion, now the father of Obey said that the pastors from America have shown the true love of God by carrying our burden which we were to carry by

1. Taking care of the late Obey's family
2. Paying the school fees for the orphans
3. Cooperating and taking the body of their son home

They thanked God for your generous donation May God bless you. He said that due to your love and the love of Kenyans during the time his son was sick. After that both parents wept openly. Then I closed the speech with a word of prayer then we left for Mbeya. It was a wonderful moments.

On Friday 29th and Saturday 30th July we visited with some members of the fellowship and I really rejoiced to shear the word of God with them. On Sunday 31st July we went to the church, and I was happy to see the members arrived in the church building in time. I preached the topic was to be born of the spirit. The members rejoiced to hear the true gospel of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. One member of the fellowship who was old in age told me that THE PREACHING WHICH IS IN PRIMITIVE IS THE TRUE WORD OF GOD. What a blessing.

On Monday 1st August early in the morning we left for Dar and we reached late at 9:30 pm. I thank God for the safely journey back to Dar. I rested for two days thus on Tuesday 2nd and Wednesday 3rd August.

On Thusrday4th August 2011 I departed to Kenya and I reached home on Friday of 5th August 2011at 9:00 am in the morning, safely through God's Grace and love. I was happy to reunite with my wife Josephine and my children. Filden is doing fine, and he is at home for August holidays

May God bless you all. I thank my God making mention of you always in my prayers.

Your brother and servant in Christ,

Elder Charles Kenyanjui.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home